saya nak baca ..

HOME NEWS


ARKIB : 25/08/2003

News brief: Aug 24

Indonesian worker dies after being buried alive... In SEREMBAN, an Indonesia worker died after he was buried alive while working on a sewer in Jalan Sungai Ujong here Saturday.

A police spokesman said the 22-year-old worker, identified only as Atnaton, was working in a 3.6-metre deep hole when the earth gave way, burying him at about 1.45 pm.

Several workers tried to dig him out but failed, the spokesman said.

When firemen later succeded in reaching Atnaton, he was already dead.

The body was later sent to Seremban Hospital for a post mortem.

Students from China die in Bandar Baru Nilai crash... In SEREMBAN, two teenaged students from China died while two others, including a local, were injured when the car they were in crashed in Bandar Baru Nilai near here Saturday night.

State Traffic Police chief ASP Abdul Majid Abdul Manaf said in the 9.10 pm incident the four, from Inti College in Bandar Baru Nilai, were believed to be heading back to the college when the car skidded and hit some trees.

He said those killed, Wang Lei and Xu Ying Ting, both 19, who were in the back seat, sustained fatal head injuries and died at the scene.

Abdul Majid said driver Gan Chun How, 19, from Taman Malim Jaya, Melaka, who suffered bodily injuries, was admitted to the Melaka Hospital.

Meanwhile, another female student from China, Xhang Heng, 18, who was in the front passenger seat, sustained leg injuries and was admitted to the Seremban Hospital, he said.

Kelantan People's Action Council submits memo on water... In KOTA BHARU, the Kelantan People's Action Council on Sunday submitted a memorandum protesting the State Government's refusal to hand over the management of water supply to the Federal Government.

About 20 council members, led by its youth head, Adzha Abdul Rani, handed the memorandum to Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat's press secretary, Mohamad Saiba Yaakob, outside the menteri besar's office.

The memorandum, among others, urged the State Government to accept the Federal Government's proposal to take over the water management in the state.

Adzha told reporters that the State Government must consider the rights of the people of Kelantan who were entitled to clean water supply.

He said that currently only about 59 percent of Kelantanese received clean water supply while the rest had to depend on well water.

The State Government should admit that it was incapable of managing the water supply and hand it over to the Federal Government to resolve all the problems, he added.

Sarawak strives to achieve drug-free state status... In KUCHING, Assistant Minister of Housing Dr Abang Abdul Rauf Abang Zen said on Sunday that Sarawak wants to be the first state to be declared free of drug problems, ahead of the country's 2015 target.

"We want to achieve 100 percent success and aim towards achieving zero defect," he said at a seminar on drug prevention and education for the Kuching division Rukun Tetangga here.

"This may be a bold step forward but with commitment from the public and private sectors, God willing, we can achieve our target.

"Malaysians from all walks of life must pledge from today onwards to fight drug abuse at home, schools and other places commonly associated with drugs," he said.

Abang Abdul Rauf said there must be ongoing awareness campaigns by community leaders, church leaders, muslim religious teachers, non-governmental organisations and professionals to combat drug abuse.

He said there was an increase of 63 drug abuse cases or 25 percent last year from only 243 in 2001.

Although Sarawak registered the lowest statistics, the government and all levels of society must not rest on their laurels in efforts to fight drug problems, he said.

The anti-drug agencies had to constantly review the approaches used to stop drugs from making their way into the state through the Sarawak and Kalimantan border and parents must monitor their children's movements and ensure that they had the right kind of influences, he added.

KT outpatient treatment only at Health Clinic... In KUALA TERENGGANU, those seeking outpatient treatment in the city will no longer be entertained at the Kuala Terengganu Hospital (HKT) and should instead go to the District Health Clinic.

State Health director Datuk Zahari Che Dan said since April, HKT only catered for the needs of surgical patients.

All surgeries previously carried out in various departments at the hospital would be centralised in the new RM56 million centre, he told reporters after launching the "Keranamu Malaysia, Hidup Sihat Sejahtera" programme at state level here on Sunday.

Earlier in his speech, Zahari said the Terengganu people were fortunate as the government had provided them complete health facilities with six hospitals, 42 health clinics and 130 rural clinics.

"The number of health personnel has also been raised, and currently some 5,700 are serving in the state," he said.

Kongsi Konten di :

Waktu Solat Kuala Lumpur
 
Subuh 5:52
Zuhur 1:17
Asar 4:27
Maghrib 7:22
Isyak 8:32



 

Dengar SuriaFM
Radio SuriaFM Menceriakan Duniamu
Riuh Rio Brazil 2014
Laman web mikro bola sepak Piala Dunia 2014
Tragedi Pesawat MH370
Utusan Live lapor kehilangan pesawat MH370
KE7B Greenland 2014
Laporan Ekspedisi KE7B Greenland Malaysia 2014






MENARIK
Ruang iklan percuma hartanah, produk
Promosikan perniagaan anda kepada dunia.
Jom langgan akhbar Utusan Malaysia
Dapatkan terus akhbar dengan cara mudah.
Aduan sukar dapat naskhah akhbar
Beritahu kami jika akhbar tiada di tempat anda.
Gambar kahwin Album Raja Sehari
Abadikan kenangan indah anda di dada akhbar.
Mari baca Utusan Melayu Mingguan
Kekalkan tradisi, pelajari tulisan jawi.
SMS News Alert Utusan Malaysia
Dapatkan berita terkini di telefon bimbit anda.